In fact, the rope climbing technique is quite simple, but you need to understand it once to remember forever.
How to get to the very top right?
- Stand next to the rope, place your feet shoulder-width apart and lower the rope in the middle. Walk around the rope with one foot on the left side, the other on the right.
- Fix this position by getting as close to the rope as possible and gripping it firmly with your feet.
- Grab the rope with one hand at chest level, and extend the other hand to about the level of your forehead.
- Take the first step up: slightly loosen the rope hook between your legs and reach up with one hand, lifting your body with your hands. Immediately after that, secure the hook as tightly at your feet.
- So, you are one step higher towards the goal. Now repeat the same several times: loosen the hook in your legs a little and pull your body up with your hands, fixing the hook again after each snatch.
It should work!
To successfully descend, release the rope slightly and slide using your hands. You may feel skin friction from contact with the rope, but this is normal.
So, you’ve learned to climb correctly! Now put it into practice and tell us about your successes!